Thursday, January 2, 2014

All about stone

Sorry it’s been a while since the last update. The holidays snuck up on us somehow and here we are into the new year!! How did that happen!?!?

Progress has continued in the Younker home, to include the stone (exterior and interior)  being completed. The countertops are also in, but waiting on one piece to be installed. What a difference it makes. We love our countertops. And the exterior stone. And the fireplace stone. We love it all.

I felt so bad for the guys putting our stone on the house. Nothing like having some warm-ish weather of 40+ degrees (yes, this is warm for us Nebraskans when it’s December) when they started to it plunging to a freezing 4 degrees by the time they finished. At least they were able to get out of the cold air when they put our interior stone on the fireplace.

I love love love the exterior stone. It looks fantastic.

Here is the before: IMG_0519

And the after:
IMG_0570

Here are a few pictures of the process as the stone was being installed: IMG_0562


IMG_0563

Our address plaque is up!
IMG_0571

The front of the house..doesn’t it look pretty!!! :)
IMG_0572

Here is a close up of the pillars. And our newly painted front door..I LOVE the black! I think it looks so different and I love it.
IMG_0585         IMG_0586  

And here is the fireplace. I think it turned out great and I can’t wait to sit in front of this bad boy during our cold winter nights and warm up next to the fire! I’ve never had a fireplace before (well one that worked) so this is really exciting to me. I’ve always wanted a fireplace in my home and now I have it!
IMG_0573          IMG_0584

Up next – carpet, countertops being finished (one piece to install and the laundry room sink cut out) and then the trim carpenter is returning to finish up a few loose ends. Oh and my handy husband will be finishing up all the plumbing in the house. I can’t wait to have indoor plumbing and not have to use that cold porta-potty outside. First world problems, I know :)

And the biggest news of all - We are closing January 16th on our home! Two weeks from today. I can not wait. Ted and I are so excited to begin our lives in this home and create new memories in it!

2 comments:

  1. It's soooooo beautiful! I love the colors. Keep the posts coming - It's been so fun following along! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chelsea!!! I was just out at the house tonight and snapped more photos of the countertops and lighting. Eek! Update coming this weekend :)

      Delete