Saturday, November 9, 2013

Paint, countertops and appliances

Sorry it’s been a while since my last update. It’s been a crazy month!!!

Since my last update Ted and I have been making a lot of decisions. We went and bought the exterior lights for the house (flood lights and lighting for under our deck (patio area) as well as the hardware for our cabinets. Thank you Menards for those sweet deals!!

We’ve picked out our paint colors and tile for the bathrooms and laundry room. They are:

Hall bathroom

tile bathroom
Photo courtesy of Lowes (click pic for link)

Laundry Room
tile laundry
Photo courtesy of Lowes (click pic for link)

Master Bathroom
tile
Photo courtesy of Lowes (click pic for link)

We’ve also made decisions on paint!!! Yay! I think this was one of the hardest decisions for me for some reason! (and for some reason the pictures turned out really odd, so I apologize). Here are the paint selections:

Hall bathroom, office and master bedroom (Mexican Sand – click pic for link)
mexican sand

Kitchen, dining, living room, stairs, hallway, spare bedroom (Pewter Cast – click pic for link)
pewter cast

Laundry room and master bathroom (Resolute Blue – click pic for link)
resolute blue

East wall of dining room and living room that have windows we decided to go for an accent wall to break up all that grey! (Stolen Kiss – click pic for link)
stolen kiss

Yesterday Ted and I went up to Omaha to pick out our countertops and appliances for the house. You know you are getting old when you get giddy to pick out those things! But giddy we were.

Our first stop was at Unique Stone to pick out our granite countertops. I’ve never picked out granite countertops before. When we remodeled our bathroom at the old house we picked a vanity that came with a glass sink, faucet and a granite countertop, so the decision was made for us at that time. But this time the decision was all OURS!

Since we already knew the color scheme we were going with in the kitchen (grey) we were able to make our decision easily since there were a few choices that went with the scheme.

 

The winner was Caledonia!!



Close up of Caledonia. It has a lot of colors that we are working with so it’s a great universal piece for us.


Laura from MK said that her granite guy has a lot of remnant pieces of this Cooper Brown. If he has one that works for our hall bathroom we are going to go with it for in there!


Not a great close up shot of Cooper Brown but definitely gives you an idea

 

Our next stop was appliances. We knew what we were going to get. GE appliances in the new Slate color.  I like the look of stainless steel, but my OCD personality can not take the smudges and fingerprints that stainless steel leaves behind. And that is the most common complaint I hear about stainless. So when GE came out with the slate line, we were sold.

Here is what we are going to get (these are actually the exact models and all):
BindelsGE-Slate
Photo courtesy of Klenk’s Sales (link when you click pic)

We also are getting an awesome wine/beverage fridge for our island. We weren’t expecting one at all, but we were surprised to see it on our blueprint of the kitchen. Who are we to argue with the professionals?!? They must know my love for Moscato! We decided to spend a little more on the dual side by side so we could put more than just wine in there (Gasp!!! How dare I say that I know).

Danby Silhouette Wine Cellar
cooler
(link in pic)

Lastly, we picked our washer and dryer. I wasn’t planning on buying them right away, I was going to wait until Black Friday to see what deals were out there but we got such a great buy we couldn’t turn it down.

We purchased the LG 4.5 cu foot washer and matching LG 7.3 cu foot electric dryer in the steel graphite color. The picture below is directly from LG’s website. It’s their newest technology…and it completely out of the norm for me. I’m going to have to read the manual to figure out how to do laundry! But we love them and we loved the price. I can’t wait to have my own washer and dryer again.

laundry

Well, I’m off to the house to take more pictures. And to help my husband with the tiling. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment