Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The tank is in!

The septic tank that is. I know, I know. It’s a septic tank. It’s not glamorous at all. But it’s part of the house building process.

And when your hubby digs and installs it, it is pretty exciting! I’m so thankful my husband knows how to do these things. And that our builder allows us to do these things on our own in a way to save some money. And it is a way for us to make this house a part of us; because our blood, sweat and tears are going into the building process.

Installing a septic tank is easy peasy, right?!?


Wrong!

I had NO idea what went into installing a septic tank. I honestly thought you dug a hole and set a tank in said hole and ran a pipe or two from the house to the tank. Ha! Needless to say, I will just stick to my day job and leave this stuff to the professional.

So without further ado, there is my hubby hard at work!

IMG_2182
That’s my husband….in the backhoe. And that’s my back yard…completely torn up!

IMG_2183


IMG_2185   IMG_2186
There is another shot of Ted hard at work. The person crouched down is Matt, Ted’s helper. And a picture of how far the pipes are coming from the house. You can barely see it, but the septic tank is the orange thing closer to the house (in the hole of course)


IMG_2213    IMG_2215
                          The septic tank. Fun isn’t it!?!

IMG_2210
More trenches dug by the hubs!


The hubs also dug in our garage drain. More exciting stuff, I know, but it’s progress none the less. And progress makes me happy!!


IMG_2206



IMG_2208

So blessed to have a husband that does this. And doesn’t mind my questions about this, that and everything in between!

Next up – tile!!

No comments:

Post a Comment