Sunday, September 22, 2013

A busy weekend full of progress

This weekend was crazy busy! But in a good way. Ted and I made even more decisions towards the house and got to see more progress. And it’s amazing how well you can take pictures of that progress when it’s sitting on your desk at home! Blogger fail again!!

So what progress did we see? Well Ted began the work on plumbing Thursday morning bright and early with his helper, Matt. We are so fortunate that Ted’s boss is grateful enough to let him off work to work on our own house.

On Friday afternoon, Ted and I met out at the house, along with our builder Matt, MK worker Bryce and our electrician (whose name escapes me for the moment). We walked around the entire house, inside and out, choosing areas where we wanted outlets and light switches. An hour and a half later we covered everything and my brain was fired from electrical terminology that left my head spinning. CAT 5, 3 way switch, GFI, where all things that flowed out of their mouths and left my eyebrows raising in question. Of course, those were the easy ones to understand after they explained them to me (but don’t test me now as I don’t remember a thing)…there were many, many more that left me in a daze.

I am extremely fortunate to have been blessed with amazing in-laws. Ted’s parents came down and helped us out this weekend. Ted’s dad (Big Ted) was a huge help to Ted and getting the plumbing completed. Ted’s mom (Diane) and I did our own damage, by shopping for flooring and checking out furniture for the house (we helped in our own way! Ha!) We literally shopped until we dropped on Saturday…we were beat!

This weekend we had visitors at the house. My dad came out Friday afternoon as well as my sister, Laura and her family. Poor Hayes, my little 18 month old nephew, got in trouble while they were out and his first time-out in Aunt Kayla’s house occurred. Have to say it was the cutest thing ever though : ) On Saturday Ted’s sister (Erica) and her family came out to see the house and her husband Chris stayed on to help Ted and Big Ted with the plumbing. My mom and step-dad also made an appearance Saturday afternoon, but unfortunately I didn’t get to see them there since I was shopping. Ted’s good friend Noah also came out to check everything out and stayed to lend a hand as well. Everyone’s support and help are so appreciated, I can’t even begin to put it into words.

Ted worked so hard this weekend on the house (along with everyone’s help). We still have a ways to go, but the pipes and water lines are there and ready to go. Now we just have to wait for the tubs to come in so that we can install those! It’s so exciting to watch all the working go into make this our home!

Once again, a huge thank you to all that helped us this weekend. Without you this wouldn’t be happening for us. We love and appreciate each and every one of you!!

Next week’s agenda: shingles, HVAC (already started and hopefully will be finished), and electrical. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment